Sunday, May 24, 2009

Team Fortress 2 Updated Again

Oh, Valve, the amount of fun I get from just a single product…

Sniper_vs_SpyAnother update for the beloved Team Fortress 2 game, this time both the Spy and the Sniper got an update, which includes new weapons, achievements and voice lines for both the classes.

As usual, Valve had delivered the update after a week of funny mock articles and advertises on the update site, giving the fans a lot of laughs and mystery as the Spy update snuck up on the Sniper update and stabbed it (and the Sniper) in the back. Good times. As usual, Valve included a new animated short, presenting the Spy in an entertaining manner.


Meet the Spy!

I still find it quite amazing how much attention Valve is willing to put into each of their games years after they have been released. I am not deluding myself to think that a company does that simply out of the goodness of their hearts, but it is quite rare to find such quality products with so much attention to details in today’s gaming market.

7 comments:

  1. Of course you realize that people are going to start assuming that you work for Valve...

    BTW. Stupid Firefox just refuses to work with this site. I'm writing this with an IE tab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one. viva la valve

    archiplata

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are not philanthrops you know. I'm sure they realize it increases their sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SilentMike: I probably would have taken this as a compliment if someone would actually think I was working for Valve :) By the way, I am responding to you from Firefox, so I don't understand why it doesn't work for you...

    @Yaron: I said that. Of course it increases their sales. But that is the best way to increase sales I can think of. It makes the customers happy, not dependent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not familiar with the game (yet) but wanted to mention that I'm posting this from Google Chrome that is much like Firefox, even less supported.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the ignorance but I don't know this game, but the video was really cool. It seems for me like half life, or is this sort of advantures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doron, you are very perceptive! Team Fortress 2 was created on the same engine as Half-Life 2. It's a multiplayer game in which two teams are competing against each other. You should really check it out!

    ReplyDelete