Friday, June 5, 2009

Ending with a Bang

This is the end of my PSU adventures. It appears that shouting is the only thing that works with customer services.

I was finally offered a new PSU, only to find out I was offered an inferior unit. Calling customer services gave me the honor of talking to one of the most foul people I have had the pleasure to talk to. This was the first time I had raised my voice over someone over the course of this whole affair.

In the end, I had received a brand new PSU. I have tested it thoroughly and I can finally say that my PC is back to working condition.

All I can say after all this is that it wasn’t worth it. I have learned that even though in the end I got what I was supposed to already get two weeks ago, it just wasn’t worth the effort. The only thing I did “earn” was the experience I got for handling this type of hardware with such scrutiny.

I can finally go back to writing about games, now that my mind is at ease from the entire affair. I will, however, write one post in a few days in which I will detail the procedure which I used to deduce the (now proven correct) faultiness of my PSU, despite the many false diagnoses provided by the professional technical staff at the store. I intend to post this so that others with a similar problem would be able to pinpoint the problem or, at the very least, eliminate the PSU as a suspect.

4 comments:

  1. Yes it was worth it. You got what you needed and didn't have to buy a new GPU just to find out that it's not the problem. Besides, justice is its own reward. You fought the man and the man got his ass handed to him. Rejoice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, in Rome be Roman - in the place where we live it's long known that what you did is about the only way to gain attention from customer services, in all categories.

    Glad to hear you finally can get back to gaming at full power again, especially when it means back to Vintour! ;-)

    Looking forward to your detailed post, it will surely come in handy for people.

    ReplyDelete